Recent Posts

Saturday 18 July 2015

Well, it has begun


Several families I know have been torn apart by the choices people in them, have made, are making, and talk about in groups...since the ssm ruling.

Some of these breaks began at parties on July 4th. I did not go to a party. I prayed and did mortification that day, as did some other readers and friends of mine.

For some who went to July 4th parties, the subject of ssm and marriage in general was raised by those who support the new amendment to the Constitution.

Some comments shared with me show how the attitude which will lead to persecution is ramping up.

"The Catholic Church is wrong."

"How can you be against the Constitution?"

"How can you be so unloving against couples who love each other?"

"We need more love in the world, not less." (Referring to ssm.)

"You are pushing your morality on us." (Ironic--it is the other way around.)

"How can you be so judgmental?"

"The Catholic Church is wicked." (The good Catholic who heard this could not believe what he had heard.)

And so on...

All these things were spoken to various family members across the United States, reported to me by friends, who are completely isolated now in their own families, and are experiencing real persecution and isolation in their families. This was inevitable. Constitution vs. the Church. Idolatry of the State vs. Faithfulness to Rome. We only have to think of SS. John Fisher and Thomas More.

One man told me recently that he is grateful for the opportunity to speak clearly the Truth. He said it makes him stronger. Interesting.

Matthew 10:34-42

34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35 For I have come to set a man against his father,
and a daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
36 and one’s foes will be members of one’s own household.
37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it.

40 “Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. 41 Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward; and whoever welcomes a righteous person in the name of a righteous person will receive the reward of the righteous; 42 and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple—truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward.”